Property Management in recent years has undergone a change from simply a rent collection service to the entire concept of Property Management. This changing scene has brought about the need for dedicated Leasing and Management services.
There are various State and Federal Acts which need to be adhered to, including the Residential Tenancies Act, the Estate Agents Act, Victorian Civil & Administrative Act together with consumer guidelines, such as those imposed by the Real Estate Institute of Victoria. Now, more than ever, it is prudent to ensure that your property is professionally managed by entrusting it to an agent who is trained and equipped to meet the ever changing needs of the rental market.
Our Leasing Service includes:
- Market assessment of the property’s potential rental income
- Recommendations as to improvements and repairs to maximize rental income and arranging such works as necessary
- Maximum marketplace exposure via our internal and external websites, window displays, marketing material, promotional boards, local media and internal and external photography
- Personal inspections of the property with prospective tenants
- Regular feedback to Landlords during the marketing process
- Provision of a detailed application form for completion by prospective tenants
- The professional selection of Tenants by verification of employment, past tenancies, Public Record Searches and reference checking through various tenancy databases
- Preparation of a detailed Condition Report with photography to accurately reflect the presentation of the property at the commencement of the tenancy
- Drafting of a thorough Tenancy Agreement, in accordance with the Residential Tenancies Act and provide a detailed explanation to tenants of their obligations under the agreement
- Arranging periodic payments for rent from the Tenants bank account
- Lodgement of Bonds with the Residential Tenancies Bond Authority
- Arranging Landlords Insurance in accordance with the landlords instructions
- Ensure tenant’s details are updated with City West Water for billing of usage charges (where applicable)
Once the Tenancy begins our management team will liaise with you throughout the process
- Rental payments will be electronically credited to your nominated account and a detailed statement either mailed or emailed to you
- Regular inspections and written report prepared for your records
- Rent reviews to keep payments in accordance with current market conditions
- Coordinating of maintenance and repairs and payment of accounts
- Payment of outgoings such as insurance, body corporate fees and rates
- Meticulous inspection upon conclusion of the tenancy
- Processing insurance claims as may be necessary
- Professional Representation at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal to ensure your rights are protected
In most circumstances, Agency fees and charges are tax deductible. We strongly advise you to obtain independent financial advice regarding the purchase of a Residential Investment to ensure issues such as your loan, depreciation reports and your individual financial circumstances are all considered in detail.
Owning an investment can be a rewarding financial investment if managed correctly. Our property management team are ready to assist you in growing your portfolio, whether you are just starting out, or you are already a seasoned investor.
Contact our Property Management team on 9741 5900 to see how easy it is to become one of our many satisfied Investors.